Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Do Not Wake My Beloved

"O Jesus, today my soul is as though darkened by suffering. Not a single ray of light. The storm is raging, and Jesus is a sleep. O my Master, I will not wake You; I will not interrupt Your sweet sleep. I believe that You fortify me without my knowing it."-St Faustina
-----------------------------------------
"On one occasion the Lord said to me, "My daughter, your confidence and love restrain My justice, and I cannot inflict punishment because you hinder Me from doing so." Oh, how great is the power of a soul filled with confidence! -St Faustina
-----------------------------------------
"I want to hide myself so that no creature might know my heart. Jesus, You alone know my heart and possess it whole and entire. No one knows our secret. We understand each other mutually with one look. From the moment we came to know each other I have been happy. Your greatness is my fullness. O Jesus, when I am in the last place, lower than the postulants, even the youngest of them, then I feel that I am in my proper place. I did not know that the Lord had put so much happiness in these drab little corners. Now I understand that even in prison there can burst forth from a pure heart the fullness of love for You. O Lord! External things mean nothing to pure love; it cuts through them all. Neither prison doors not the gates of heaven are strong enough to stop it. It reaches God himself, and nothing can quench it. It knows no obstacles; it is free like a queen and has free access to all places. Death itself must bow its head before it...." - St Faustina
-------------------------------------

"In my sufferings, I do not seek help from creatures, but God is everything to me. And yet, it often seems that even the Lord does not hear me. I arm myself with patience and silence, like a dove that does not complain and feels no bitterness when its children are being taken away from it. I want to sour into the very heart of the sun, and I do not want to stop in its vapors. I will not grow weary, because it is on You that I am leaning - O You, my Strength!

I fervently beg the Lord to strengthen my faith, so that in my drab, every day life I will not be guided by human dispositions, but by those of the spirit. Oh, how everything drags man towards the earth! But lively faith maintains the soul in the higher regions and assigns self - love its proper place; that is to say, the lowest one. "-St Faustina
--------------------------------------
"The rules that I most often fail to obey; sometimes I break silence; disobedience to the signal of the bell; sometimes I meddle in other peoples affairs. I will do my best to improve.
I will avoid sisters who grumble, and if they cannot be avoided, I will at least keep silent before them, thus letting them know how sorry I am to hear such things.

I must take no heed of the opinion of others, but obey the evidence of my own conscience and take God to be the witness of all my actions. I must do everything and act in all matters now as I would like to do and act at the hour of my death. For this reason, in every action I must be mindful of God.

Avoid presumed permissions. I must report (even) small things to my superiors, and do so in as much detail as is possible. I must be faithful in my spiritual exercises; I must not easily ask to be dispensed from them. I must keep silent outside the time of recreation, and avoid jokes and witty words that make others laugh and break silence. I must have great appreciation for even the most minute rules. I must not let myself become absorbed in the whirl of work, (but) take a break to look up to heaven. Speak little with people, but a good deal with God. Avoid familiarity. I must pay little attention to who is for me and who is against me. I must not tell others about those things I have had to put up with. I must avoid speaking out loud to others during work. I must maintain peace and equanimity during times of suffering. In difficult moments I must take refuge in the wounds of Jesus; I must seek consolation, comfort, light and affirmation in the Wounds of Jesus"- St Faustina
------------------------------------------

All quotes taken from this book are copyrighted:
@Copy right Marian Press
------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home