Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Divine Mercy

"One day, I saw two roads. One was broad, covered with sand and flowers, full of joy, music and all sorts of pleasures. People walked along it, dancing and enjoying themselves. They reached the end without realizing it. And at the end of the road there was a horrible precipice; that is the abyss of hell. The souls fell blindly into it; as they walked, so they fell. And their number was so great that it was impossible to count them. And I saw the other road, or rather a path, for it was narrow and strewn with thorns and rocks; and the people who walked along it had tears in their eyes, and all kinds of suffering befell them. Some fell down upon the rocks, but stood up immediately and went on. At the end of the road there was a magnificent garden filled with all sorts of happiness, and all these souls entered there. At the very first instant they forgot all their sufferings." -St Faustina
------------------------------------------

Suffering is definitely not my forte. I had a massive, almost migraine headache this morning. I submitted myself to Jesus anyway, asking him to use the pain however he would, and I would not complain. I took some aspirin and the pain passed quickly , when earlier I had taken some and it seemed to be ineffective. God grant me the grace to be more willing to suffer for souls. I have a will to do this sometimes but lack backbone, courage and am far too selfish. God have mercy!- JMJ
-------------------------------------------
"In the evening, when I entered the small chapel, I heard these words in my soul: "My daughter, consider these words: 'And being in agony, he prayed more earnestly." When I started to think about them more deeply, much light streamed into my soul. I learned how much we need perseverance in prayer and that our salvation often depends on such difficult prayer. "
-St Faustina
-------------------------------------------
"O Blessed Host, take up Your dwelling within my soul, O Thou my heart's purest love! With Your brilliance the darkness dispel. Refuse not Your grace to a humble heart. O Blessed Host, enchantment of all heaven, Though Your beauty be veiled, And captured in a crumb of bread, Strong faith tears away that veil." -St Faustina
-------------------------------------------
God Bless me. -JMJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home