Not Talking Back
"On a certain occasion, I understood how very displeased God is with an act, however commendable, that does not bear the stamp of pure intention. Such deeds incite God to punishment rather than to reward. May such deeds be as few as possible in our lives; indeed, in religious life, there should be none at all.
I accept joy or suffering, praise or humiliation with the same disposition. I remember that one and the other are passing. What does it matter to me what people say about me? I have long ago given up everything that concerns my person. My name is host - or sacrifice, not in words but in deeds, in the emptying of myself and becoming like You on the Cross, O good Jesus, my Master!
In the suffering of soul and body, I try to keep silence, for then my spirit gains the strength that flows from the Passion of Jesus. I have ever before my eyes His sorrowful Face, abused and disfigured, His divine Heart pierced by our sins and especially by the ingratitude of chosen souls. "-St Faustina
I accept joy or suffering, praise or humiliation with the same disposition. I remember that one and the other are passing. What does it matter to me what people say about me? I have long ago given up everything that concerns my person. My name is host - or sacrifice, not in words but in deeds, in the emptying of myself and becoming like You on the Cross, O good Jesus, my Master!
In the suffering of soul and body, I try to keep silence, for then my spirit gains the strength that flows from the Passion of Jesus. I have ever before my eyes His sorrowful Face, abused and disfigured, His divine Heart pierced by our sins and especially by the ingratitude of chosen souls. "-St Faustina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home