Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Value of Obedience-Important!!

"Today the doctor decided that I am not to go to Mass, but only to Holy Communion. I wanted very much to assist at Mass, but my confessor, in agreement with the doctor, told me to obey. “It is God’s will, sister, that you should get well, and you must not undertake mortifications of any kind. Be obedient, sister, and God will reward you for it.” I felt that the confessor’s words were Jesus’ words, and although it made me sad to miss Holy Mass, during which God had been granting me the grace of seeing the infant Jesus; nevertheless, I placed obedience above everything else.
I become absorbed in prayer and said my penance. Then I suddenly saw the Lord, who said to me, My daughter, know that you give me greater glory by a single act of obedience than by long prayers and mortifications. Oh, how good it is to live under obedience, to live conscious of the fact that everything I do is pleasing to God!"-Jesus to St Faustina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home