Weather Forecasts | Weather Maps | Weather Radar

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sweet Adorable Jesus

"On these two days, I received Holy Communion as an act of reparation, and I said to the Lord, “Jesus, I offer everything today for sinners. Let the blows of Your justice fall on me, and the sea of your mercy engulf the poor sinners.” And the Lord heard my prayer: many souls returned to the Lord, but I was in agony under the yoke of God’s justice. I felt I was the object of the anger of the Most High God. By evening my sufferings had reached such a stage of interior desolation that moans welled up involuntarily from my breast. I locked the door of my room and began an adoration; that is to say, a Holy Hour. Interior desolation and an experience of God’s justice – that was my prayer; and the moans and pain that welled up from my soul took the place of a sweet conversation with the Lord.

Then suddenly I saw the Lord, who clasped me to His Heart and said to me, My daughter, do not weep, for I cannot bear your tears. I will grant you everything you ask for, but stop crying. And I was filled with great joy, and my spirit, as usual, was drowned in Him as in its only treasure. Today, encouraged by His kindness, I conversed with Jesus at greater length.

When I had rested near His sweetest Heart, I told Him, “Jesus, I have so much to tell You.” And the Lord said to me with great love, Speak, My daughter. And I started to enumerate the pains of my heart; that is, how greatly concerned I am for all mankind, that “they all do not know you, and those who do know you do not love you as you deserve to be loved. I also see how terribly sinners offend you; and then again, I see how severely the faithful, especially your servants, are oppressed and persecuted. And then, too, I see many souls rushing headlong into the terrible abyss of hell. You see, Jesus, this is the pain that gnaws at my heart and bones. And, although You show me special love and inundate my heart with streams of Your joys, nevertheless, this does not appease the sufferings I have just mentioned, but rather they penetrate my poor heart all the more acutely. Oh, how ardently I desire that all mankind turn with trust to Your Mercy. Then, seeing the glory of Your name, my heart will be comforted.”

Jesus listened to these outpourings of my heart with gravity and interest, as if He had known nothing about them, and this seemed to make it easier for me to talk. And the Lord said to me, My daughter, those words of your heart are pleasing to Me, and by saying the chaplet you are bringing humankind closer to Me. After these words, I found myself alone, but the presence of God is always in my soul"
-St Faustina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home