Earthly Things Cause Weariness
"Oh, what pain it causes my heart when I see a nun who has not the religious spirit! How can one be pleasing to God when one is inflated with pride and self love under the pretense for God's glory, while in fact one is seeking one's own glory? When I see such a thing, it gives me very great pain. How can such a soul be united closely with God? Union with the Lord is out of the question here."
------------------------------------------
"In the evening He gave me to understand how fleeting all earthly things are, and (how) everything that appears great disappears like smoke, and does not give the soul freedom, but weariness. Happy the soul that understands these things and with only one foot touches the earth. My repose is to be united with You; everything else tires me. Oh, how much I feel I am in exile! I see that no one understands me, You who are hidden in my heart and yet are eternally alive."-St Faustina
------------------------------------------
"In the evening He gave me to understand how fleeting all earthly things are, and (how) everything that appears great disappears like smoke, and does not give the soul freedom, but weariness. Happy the soul that understands these things and with only one foot touches the earth. My repose is to be united with You; everything else tires me. Oh, how much I feel I am in exile! I see that no one understands me, You who are hidden in my heart and yet are eternally alive."-St Faustina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home